Sunday, November 6, 2016

Transformations

Once again this year, the Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest was a big success.  Check out the photos of our pumpkins here.

In the spirit of making old things new...check out my Genre Globe!  I am pretty proud of it and I think my kiddos are going to love it!




The idea behind that globe is that every time a child says, "I don't know what kind of book to get" I will have them spin the globe and  wherever their finger lands, that is the genre they have to pick a book from that day. I am hoping, even if just for the novelty of it, this will help some students branch out and try some new genres that they wouldn't naturally lean towards.

There are also two extra special spots on the globe:  Ask A Friend and Mrs. Bixby's Choice.  If they land on one of these, their fate is in someone else's hands (cue sinister laughter).

This will be a busy week because we will be electing a new President and having elementary conference day on Friday.  Two days closed in a week certainly can wreck havoc with a teacher's schedule.  And right before American Education Week.  Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment