Friday, November 21, 2014

What's the BEST Way To End American Education Week?

It's been a LONG week of parent visitation, technology curses and cold bus duty but this picture shows exactly why all that disappears:

 
 
This 4th grader has been following me around the library for WEEKS asking for this book and for WEEKS I have been telling him it has been checked out.  Today it was finally returned and I snagged it before it could be checked out.  I called him down this afternoon during my planning and said, "I know you think I wasn't listening to you but I was and I have something for you." Then I handed the book over to him.  He was so excited that he jumped up and down and did a dance.  Then he looked at me and said, "You really did listen.  You're the best!" 
 
I saw him (and another student from his class) a short time afterward and the girl commented, "He was so excited about that book that he danced around his chair in the classroom and showed it to everyone."
 
Yep!  That is definitely a great end to American Education Week.  #winninglibrarian
 


No comments:

Post a Comment